Tooth Extractions in Manchester, NH
As a dentistry practice in Manchester, NH that offers a wide range of both general and cosmetic dentistry solutions, the team at Chestnut Family Dental strives to meet all your family’s dental needs in our friendly and comfortable environment. If you are in need of a Manchester dentist to remove a tooth that is severely damaged, impacted or causing you pain, we offer tooth extractions.
Reasons For Tooth Extractions
There are many reasons why teeth may need to be extracted including:
- When fracture or decay has damaged a tooth beyond repair
- When wisdom teeth become impacted
- To alleviate overcrowding of the teeth in preparation for orthodontic treatment
- When severe periodontal disease threatens the supporting tissues and bone structure
- When decaying teeth pose a risk of infection to a patient with a compromised immune system
- When extra teeth may block other teeth from erupting
Unlike many general dentists, our dentists perform over 95% of extractions at our office. For unusually difficult cases, we work with several area specialists.
What to Expect
The exact steps involved in a tooth extraction can vary from one patient to the next. In general, the extraction process typically follows these steps:
- An X-ray is taken of the area to plan the extraction.
- A local anesthetic is administered to numb the area where the tooth will be removed
- The dentist will use forceps to grasp the tooth and gently rock it back and forth to loosen and remove it.
- The dentist will place a gauze pad in the empty socket and ask you to bite down to help stop the bleeding.
Following the extraction, you will be given specific aftercare instructions. It is important that you follow these instructions so you don’t develop any complications.
Call Your Manchester Dentist Today!
While nobody likes the idea of having a tooth pulled, sometimes an extraction is necessary to alleviate pain and keep the mouth healthy. Our Manchester dentists have performed a great many tooth extractions over the years and will be sure that you do not feel any pain during the procedure as your comfort is our top priority. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at (603) 622-7173.